In an effort to reinvigorate the involvement and leadership of longstanding and emerging artists and to cultivate a future-forward artistic direction, SHG invited 25 artists to become a part of an advisory group, which would help shape SHG’s artistic vision as it relates to programming for future seasons.
Established in 2011, the goals of the Artist Roundtable are to:
1. Serve as advisors and idea originators in the plan to reboot innovative and accessible programming;
2. Recommend emerging talent and honor master artists;
3. Generate a pool of committed volunteers, instructors, mentors and curators;
4. Establish and lead a quarterly salon to provide an environment for artists’ dialogue and collaboration
The Roundtable meets as a group monthly and are called upon to:
- Advise staff on artistic matters
- Participate in annual planning and program development
- Evaluate artist and artistic project proposals and provide feedback
- Help promote Self Help Graphics & Art in the community through special events and outreach activities
- Mentor students in SHG’s community and youth arts programming
- Participate in readings, workshops, and special events as available
Artist Roundtable meetings are primarily held on the 3rd Thursday of the Month at 6PM (SHG: 1300 East 1st Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033).
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 6pm
- Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 6pm
- Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at 6pm
- Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 6pm
- Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 6pm
- Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 6pm
- Tuesday, July 18, 2017 at 6pm
- Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 6pm
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 6pm
- Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 6pm
- Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 6pm
Have Suggestions for the Roundtable?
Michelle L. Lopez
Sandra de la Loza
John Carlos de Luna
Joshua “Kenzo” Martinez
Alvaro D. Marquez
Andrea “Xoch” Ramirez
Adrian “Sart” Ulloa
Subscribe to our email list
Sign up for our monthly newsletter to get the latest updates on art making, workshops, and events.
We respect your privacy and do not sell your information to third parties.