Self Help Graphics & Art’s facility is open to all artists (visual, musical, performative), cultural organizers, community members and partners to host their own events/projects. Events and projects are booked based on availability that does not impede core SHG programs such as our Youth Programs, Workshops and or printmaking projects.
This space is prioritized and available for arts-based projects such as presentations (performances, panels), workshops, etc, and on rare occurrences rentals for exhibitions (in the gallery). We strive to make use of the facility accessible to artists by providing a platform to present their own creative work in new and exciting forms that challenge the norm.
Use of the facility is available by request using our online request form below.
AREA 2 (Salon)
AREA 3 (Gallery)
6 total restrooms, one individual and two with stalls.
Parking lot (up to 15 cars) and free adjacent street parking
Sink and refrigerator
Tables and Chairs available for an additional fee.
AV Options (additional $100 fee):
1 Epson Projector (EX7240 Pro)
Portable Projector Screen
PA System (2 Mics & Stands)
Although we are a community centered organization, we aim to ensure that everyone’s work is valued, and our fees are reflective of the trust, care, and support we provide each project/event. We hire artists and community members to assist in technical, artistic, logistical and organizational support and we pay these members of our community a dignified pay rate.
Fees are assessed at an hourly rate as below:
- Monday – Thursday: $75 per hour (including set up and break down time)
- Friday – Sunday: $85 per hour (including set up and break down time)
- Clean up: $100 flat clean up fee will be required for prep and follow up cleaning of space.
- Staffing fee: In addition to venue fee, renter must pay $20 per hour to cover on-site staff person to handle any maintenance issues during event, conduct walk through after event and close up building.
- A/V Rental: SHG audio/visual equipment can be rented for a flat $100 fee. Renter is responsible for any damages or accidents that may occur during the event hours.
- Tables and Chairs available for an additional fee.
- Security Deposit (included in Rental Guidelines)
Notes and Restrictions
- SHG has a strict 10pm curfew for all youth related events.
- Because SHG’s gallery consistently presents work, the gallery is off limit to any musical events within that space.
- SHG does not rent the space for separate or individual art exhibitions that are not aligned with the mission of the organization.
- Evening and Weekend events require that you hire one SHG approved staff person ($20/hour) to assist with opening and closing the building as well as being on site to staff restrooms and other logistical needs.
- No smoking is allowed on site, including the parking lot. (This includes e-cigarettes and vapes.)
- You are required to provide insurance and show proof before SHG can confirm any date.
Interested in Shg for your next event?
If you are interested in renting the space for film & tv shoots, a meeting, or a corporate or non-art related event, please use the same online request form, however, priority is given to art-based requests.
Please download and read the following guidelines, then fill out the form below to request dates and tell us more about what you are planning. We will respond within 48 hours with availability and more details.